Please read Frequently Asked Questions below before emailing us a question. We may not reply to your email if the answer is already listed.


General inquiries info [at] yardbirdsuite [dot] com
Volunteer information volunteer [at] yardbirdsuite [dot] com
Artist Submissions programming [at] yardbirdsuite [dot] com



Frequently Asked Questions


We are
 a licensed establishment, our bar is cash only.


Dress Code
There is no dress code at the Yardbird Suite.

We do not serve food, we only sell snacks.

Gift Certificates

We do not offer gift certificates.


Hours of Operation
We are only open for our shows listed on the 'Schedule' page. Each show consists of two 60 minutes sets with 30 minute break between sets (Fridays and Saturdays), or one 90 minute set with no break (occasional Thursdays and Sundays).
Membership can be purchased on the night when we are open for any of our presentations listed on our 'Schedule' page. For EJS membership types and prices, see information on our 'Contact' page. All memberships are valid for the full 12 months from the date of purchase.


Minors are allowed; however we do not have admission discounts for minors.



Non-members do not require the accompaniment of a member.

Yardbird Suite space is available for rentals only on Sundays. Bookings usually need to be done at least six months in advance. 

We do not take reservations. If you arrive early you will be able to get the best seats.



General seating based on a first-come, first-served basis.

Tickets & Passes
Tickets are sold at the door on the night of the show or can be purchased in advance from Tix on the Square. Advance tickets are available only for weekend shows. Tuesday Session and YEG Thursday Showcase tickets are available at the door. Click here to order your advance tickets. Senior, Student and Regular Edmonton Jazz Society Members are eligible to purchase 'member' priced tickets, non-members can attend our shows by purchasing 'guest' priced tickets. We offer only 80% of all tickets to be sold in advance. The remaining 20% are retained for sale at the door on the night of the show. Our box office accepts cash, Visa, M/C, and debit. We also offer Yardbird Suite pass to any five shows for $100. Pass is only good for current edition of our schedule. Tuesday Session season pass is available for $100, valid for all Tuesday Sessions for one year from the date of purchase.